Friday, November 6, 2009

Thanks for investing in my child 11-6-09

Today was parent/teacher conferences. Nikelle's teacher made a point of commenting on what a sweet and caring kid my daughter is. She also had a specific story to share about the fact that Nikelle overcame a fear by petting an alligator during the cold-blooded animals unit and how impressed she was. Jaycie's teacher encouraged me that for our "3-year-old friends", Jaycie is really taking those steps to grow into the stage she should be at. I am so grateful for the people who invest in my children's lives every day/week. From their school teachers to the nursery workers at church.

Thank you, Lord, for each and every person who plays a part in my children's lives. Thank you for the time and energy they give. Most importantly, thank you for showing me that they care about my kids personally.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like conferences went well. Teachers always love to hear how thankful parents are to them. I always appreciated any kind words my parents would say to me. I really treasure those rare moments. Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear the perspective from a teacher. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete