Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Family Dinner

Dinner is always a battle. It never fails - someone does not want to eat what I have cooked. Last night was no exception. After preparing dinner with a toddler on my leg screaming at me to hold her (she does this every night until I get her fed), I finally got her into her chair with some food. She arched her back and stiffened her body and continued screaming. Now that just made me feel all warm and fuzzy for a family meal! (hear the sarcastic tone please)

We decided to just put her to bed early and began finishing our meal with the older girls. We were informing the girls that they would not receive any dessert, candy, snacks, etc. unless they finished everything they were given. (This is now standard practice because after they refuse to eat they think we should provide them something else for their hungry bodies.)

Nikelle well aware of this share her thoughts. "Instead of saying, 'I don't like this', I am thinking 'Be content with what you have because God has said never will I leave you never will I forsake you."

I'm so grateful that my time every Wednesday taking her to AWANA is coming to fruition!

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, the dinner battle. I also fight that every night. Nikelle's words are very sweet. I also loved AWANA when I was in it :-)

    ReplyDelete