Thursday, January 14, 2010

Excuses, excuses

After blogging about not making excuses anymore, my day today did not help me along. The baby woke up in the middle of the night last night with a fever. I was up for an hour with her and took her to the doctor today. Basically, I need to watch her. She should be better in 7-10 days.

When I was about to take my middle daughter to preschool this morning, we were walking down the stairs talking when she fell. I was holding the baby and couldn't do anything but watch. I saw her rolling and sliding head first. I was terrified. I believe I screamed. Thankfully, God took care of her and the worst was simply that she got scared. She fell down quite a few stairs.

After my oldest got home from school today, my friend called to inform me that my daughter got sick on the bus on the way to school. This was not a surprise as Nikelle will often get car sick. She doesn't do well with the motion and she was too warm and was likely reading or writing with her friend. Unfortunately for her friend, Nikelle lost her breakfast on her friend. Thankfully, her friend was wearing all her snow gear. Unfortunately for my friend, her daughter shoved all her snow gear into her backpack to bring home at the end of the day.

Needless to say, I didn't exercise as I had planned this morning and my good eating habits went out the window where the germs need to go. I'm feeling tired and my ears hurt, my throat is burning and it doesn't look good for me to avoid catching this bug (although I'm still hopeful). I may still be making excuses but I'm too tired and feeling to blah to even care.

Tomorrow is a new day.

2 comments:

  1. Tristi, I don't think those are excuses. Listen to me on this one. As someone who had a nightmarish week last week, when you have sick kids and are feeling run down as well, the last thing you need to do is exercise which can lower your body's ability to fight off the germs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna, no fighting with you on that one. :) Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete