Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January

I feel like this holiday season was somewhat of a blur and I wanted to fight against that so desperately. It seems that whenever I decide to become intentional about something everything pulls me in the opposite direction. For example, I was praying yesterday morning about making the right choices when it comes to the calendar. I want to be wise about what we allow on the calendar and what to say no to. It seems that there were a tremendous amount of opportunities thrown at me as soon as I started my day. I think I may have said no to just about all of them which wasn't intentional or my desire but I already have a busy week and I know that busyness is one of the main reasons I lose all self-control. When my calendar is full, I'm tired and cannot think straight. Deadlines create stress and that causes me to eat and yell. I want to exercise self-control. I think the best place to start is with my calendar. Just because a time slot is open, does not mean that I have to say yes to an invitation. I am free to say no because it will keep balance in my life. No matter how enticing the invitation may be. I'm glad the New Year always allows time for reflection. I'm just curious if I will actually apply these changes I want to make when February and the following months roll around.

No comments:

Post a Comment