Thursday, January 7, 2010

Mr. Sandman...how I long for some sleep!

I am well aware of my problems. It's actually implementing the change that I can seem to grasp. I yell too much, eat too much and am on the go way too much. I don't exercise enough, I don't discipline myself and I don't live a balanced life. I'm attempting to be intentional.

Yesterday was a good day. I ate well. I watched the words that came out of my mouth and the way they left. And when I screwed up, I faced it (apologized where necessary) and moved on.

I went to bed by 10 last night only to wake up again at midnight, 2 and 4 to start my day at 6 and that doesn't include 2:10 and 4:30 and whatever other crazy times in there I had just gotten cozy in my bed again to be rudely awakened by my daughter. I don't have a newborn in my house anymore. Sadly enough, the baby would have slept through the night last night, too. If my 4-year-old wasn't yelling at me for every reason under the moon! Thankfully, the baby went back to sleep without my assistance because I was attending to my preschooler while my husband snored away.

Needless to say, this morning was a rough start. I still managed to get the little ones bathed and my middle child off to preschool without being too late. I got to the grocery store and was able to purchase some much needed groceries. All the while maneuvering through the piles of snow. I managed to shovel the driveway which was my exercise for the day and I had even started my day with my One-Year Bible.

It's as though I can't concentrate on too much at once. I think I've managed to keep my tongue and temper under some control but I've eaten things I really have no business having. I just want to gain control of my life! I want to live a balanced life in every way. It seems like one day will be good in one area while the next day it's flipped. I need to just learn to be grateful for the moment and be happy with that.

At this moment, I'm happy that my baby finally decided to settle down for a nap. I laid her down about 2 hours ago and she was happily chatting away for the longest time. When she began yelling at me, I checked on her to make certain all was fine. Confirming there was nothing wrong, I read her a story and put her back to bed. I'm thankful she is finally taking a nap. It was going to be a really long evening otherwise.

Dora is entertaining Jaycie and I'm about to get my oldest from the bus stop. I'm longing for Mr. Sandman to send me some dreams tonight. I'm just concerned about the time from here to there and praying I don't do too much damage until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment