Wednesday, January 13, 2010

No more excuses

It seems like there is always some sort of excuse coming out of my mouth as to why I can't live a healthy lifestyle. The kids are sick... The kids don't let me sleep.... My calendar is too full... My emotions are too out-of-whack... I can only focus on one thing at a time... I'm good at making excuses.

On Sunday I ate something that didn't agree with me. It sent my body to a bad place. At the same time, it kind of jump started weight loss. Or so I thought. Today I got on the scale and was not happy with what I saw. I haven't been journaling but I have been making better food choices and I got on the treadmill both Sunday and Tuesday morning. I'm tempted to quit. To just go back to eating junk. It's easy that way. And I find it comforting.

I'm not going to, though. I've set a goal for myself and it is not going to be reached if I continue to make excuses. I need to change. The thought hit me that my niece is having a swim party for her birthday in February. I think Rod can take the girls in the water. I don't think my swimsuit will fit. Ugh! I should be able to lose the weight by June. It's just going to require some effort.

No matter how hard I wish, the weight does not come off while I continue to eat empty calories and sit on my butt. No more excuses!!!

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand what you're going through. Even though I'm on WW and exercising, I still shove bad choices into my mouth and wonder afterwards why I did that! This is my 10th attempt to lose weight and each time I lose the same 15 pounds and then I stray for some reason or another. Be strong and when you figure out an easy, magical way...fill me in!

    ReplyDelete