Friday, January 15, 2010

Perspective, perspective

Perspective: Jaycie went to preschool yesterday and when she did, the baby took a morning nap for me and I was able to rest as well.

Perspective: Jaycie did not get hurt on those stairs. She was totally fine.

Perspective: I was not the one having to do laundry because someone else's kid puked all over mine. My poor friend had that added responsibility.

Perspective: It's true what they say about expectations. When I expect to sleep through the night, it's extremely difficult to get up and take care of a child. When I expected last night to wake up every four hours when the Tylenol wore off, I was more than able to jump out of bed to take care of my little one. Her fever seems to be down and I'm thankful for that.

Perspective: I have no places that I need to be this weekend. It stinks that I'll likely be missing church again but I connect with plenty of people on a daily basis. Rest will do us good.

Perspective is a wonderful thing. It always comes fresh and more clearly in the morning for me. I realize I can really be dramatic to get the sympathy when I want. All is well here. Just some bugs that we will fight off in a short time.

One more thing to keep perspective. Rod's been taking Nikelle to the bus stop every morning this week. It's just one less thing I've had to do in the morning which is nice. The little ones are still sleeping so I'm going to lay down and rest until they wake up.

This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it! - Psalm 118:24

No comments:

Post a Comment