Friday, January 29, 2010

You are my God

I came across Psalm 22:9-10 this morning while I was reading. I just found these verses cool. They seem to apply to my life. Growing up with God's teaching from my parents and embracing God and His truths along the way, has always made me feel like I could say He was my God since the moment I was born. I know that I made a decision later wherein I personalized that I would follow Him and live my life for Him. Still, I always trusted in God's promises and the security of eternal life as far back as I can remember. These verses are from the New Living Translation. Maybe that's why it stood out to me. I've always read other versions. I like the way reading a different version can make a verse stand out to you in a whole new way.

"You brought me safely from my mother’s womb and led me to trust you at my mother’s breast. I was thrust into your arms at my birth. You have been my God from the moment I was born."

2 comments:

  1. When my sister miscarried Faith (her daughter's name), that is the Bible verse that helped get our whole family through it. I have the reference tattooed on my back underneath the kanji sign for Faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never really paid attention to those verses before. Thanks for sharing how God has used them in your life.

    ReplyDelete