Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Thank God for friendships!

A couple of friends called me today interrupting my pity party. It's amazing what a change in perspective can do. I thank God for the friends that help me with that.

I started doing something to dig out of my hole. I'm thankful for the snow God gave us yesterday and the shoveling I had to do yesterday and today. Without it, I don't think I'd get any exercise in.

The girls both napped at the same time today and I was able to shovel, shower and rest a bit. The main thing to change my perspective is just remembering life is not about me. Oh, I'm certain I'll still get discouraged like I was earlier.

Jaycie had slipped and fallen. I was sitting on the floor holding Jaycie all the while watching Ande scream and cry and throw a fit because I wouldn't give in and give her the chocolate she wanted. I realize these moments are part of this season of life. I simply need to find the joy in these moments and move on to the next.

Thank God for friendships!

2 comments:

  1. "They came with a bible and their religion, stole our land, curshed our spirit, and now tell us we should be thankful to the lord for being saved" - Pontiac, Indian War chief, Ottawa.

    ReplyDelete