Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Another day in the Life of a Mom

My house is a complete disaster. My counters are covered. My floors are a mess. Laundry is piling up. It is overwhelming. I have a 2nd birthday party for my daughter is three days. There is a lot to do. My mind races with the responsibilities that are quickly approaching in the next few days. I do not even know where to begin.

Just as I was beginning to truly get started with all the mounting chores, my daughter (who is just shy of 5-years-old) came over to me and said, “Mommy, I like when I am down here with just me and you.” This daughter of mine is shy and has a difficult time expressing her feelings in any way outside of whining. These words are ones I will cherish. When she followed this comment up with, “I want to sit in your lap,” it didn’t take much time for me to scoop her up and sit with her on my lap as we watched her chosen movie.

I sat there with her snuggled up next to me, my mind searching. I could not recall the last memory of a moment like this. I do not take time for important moments like these often enough.

The moment is over. My daughter’s stomach started beckoning for breakfast. I hear the baby calling on the monitor and I will now start working to check items off my list.

Just another day in the life of a mom with a moment I will forever cherish in my heart.

2 comments:

  1. Awww! That was so sweet! And I can't believe that Ande is going to be 2!

    ReplyDelete