Friday, August 13, 2010

Good Intentions or Reality

"The more people you inform of your intentions, the greater the chances those intentions will become reality." This isn't some great quote. Just something I believe.

I told myself that I would get on the treadmill Friday after dropping the girls off at my mother-in-law's. When I got home, however, I wanted to finish a book I was reading and then played around with looking into pursuing some dreams. I responded to a couple of messages from some friends informing them of how my day was playing out and that I needed to get on the treadmill. When the next moment of decision came as to what to do next, it was clear in my mind that exercise was the choice. Afterall, it is very likely once you inform friends of your intentions, they will check up on you as to your follow through.

In the Bible, Hebrews 10:24 says, "And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds". 1 Thessalonians 5:11 says to, "…encourage one another and build each other up…".

I always think I come up with such brilliant thoughts until I realize they are straight from the Bible. Today I have full intentions of getting on the treadmill after church. Feel free to check up on me to see if my intentions became a reality. Having people check up on me keeps me accountable and inspires me to follow through.

No comments:

Post a Comment