Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My Mommy Mind

As a mom, I find my mind screaming for some time to think. Just some relaxing, quiet time where I can think about the next thing on my agenda and actually have brain enough to accomplish it. Caffine, sugar, sleep, exercise... I'll attempt to utilize any of these to assist me in my goal... but to no avail. Even now, as I work to sort through the spin cycle of my brain, my children are interrupting me begging for things or needing assistance. As a mom, my mind needs a break. On the other hand, it never really receives the opportunitity to work.

I'm exhausted all the time simply because my mind is on overload. I long for the moment where I am not needed to assist at mealtime, wipe any bottoms or help anyone get dressed. At the same time, I realize I will miss these moments when they are gone.

Once again, my mind is a whirlwind of activity - desiring to live in this moment but not forget about the ones to come. I work to accomplish today's to do list with my hope in the future.

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." - Matthew 11:28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment