Thursday, September 23, 2010

I Believe. I Believe. It's Silly, but I Believe.


My husband has a way of embracing the fun in life. He usually knows all the silly facts. Those such as, on the first day of Fall, you can balance an egg. He's told me this now for over 14 years. I just smile and nod because he has never been able to prove it. As a matter of fact, he just tried the other day to no avail.


"Do you know why the egg thing didn't work the other day?" he asked as he was leaving for work this morning. "Because it wasn't the first day of Fall?" I asked already knowing the answer. "Fall started at [some specific time] last night!" he exclaimed. "You have to try it!" he challenged me with the level of excitement my third grader would normally express. I just smiled. "Do it!" he pointed his finger at me as though he were commanding me and left.


I walked in the door, pulled out an egg, shaking my head in disbelief and began my experiment. Nope. It didn't work. I decided that, for his benefit, I would try for a little bit more time. That's when it happened! The egg balanced. I went to grab my camera and the egg was still waiting for me when I returned!


In reality, it wasn't for his benefit. It was for mine. God knew so well what He was doing when He gave me Rod. I take life all too seriously and then there's my husband; reminding me to balance eggs on the counter on the first day of Fall, teaching me how to hang spoons on my face and reminding me that there is fun in life everywhere. I just need to allow the time to experience it!


This morning I'm starting my day similing and I have my husband to thank for it.

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of that. My husband often knows misc information like that, too.

    ReplyDelete