Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wednesday's Weight

Weight Watchers makes me mindful of usually mindless choices. Recently, my cousin talked me into going back to Weight Watchers. I hesitantly agreed to go. While I know it is good for me, I hate the effort involved. In the long run, I will be grateful to her once again but I have gotten very comfortable in my mindless way of living.

I just snacked on an apple. If I was not utilizing the Weight Watchers plan, I probably would have grabbed some type of processed snack. While attending my meetings, however, I am mindful of the fact that I need to work at least 5 fruits and/or vegetables into my day. Portion sizes are something recognizable again and I am reminded of the importance of staying hydrated.

"63% of the time we think we are hungry, we are actually thirsty," was the statistic my leader gave at the last meeting. I don't know how accurate that is but I can believe it. It is so important to get enough water into my body into the day. That is my goal this week: to get at least 8 glasses of water in each day.

While I'm not all out cheerful about attending Weight Watchers again, I expect to get some results. Who knows, maybe I can actually wear pants that fit this Christmas and feel good about being in pictures again. It is amazing what a difference just one day of healthy eating can have on my mind, body and spirit. I wonder what a couple of months will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment