Monday, October 25, 2010

Soup for my Soul

Today I literally experienced "Chicken Soup for the Soul". A dear friend, knowing that I've been battling a sinus infection, surprised me with a bowl of soup (along with a yummy roll) and tea from Panera. While this truly was refreshing to my throat and stuffy head, it was most refreshing to my soul.

This unexpected act of kindness reminded me of the gift from another friend who stopped by last week with a piece of pie and card just to remind me that I have a support system surrounding me. Another friend gives me phone calls and another sends reminders on Facebook that I am receiving thoughts and prayers.

These past couple of weeks have been exhausting with nonstop commitments, a husband working tiresome overtime and a bug that leaves my head in the clouds. Friends and family stepped up to fill my husband's shoes as he worked through most of Jaycie's birthday party. My mom shows up weekly to give me a day "off" and I always know help is just a phone call away.

Dear friends and family, I may not be wonderful these days at saying "thank you" but I am grateful to have all of you in my life. We will soon be entering a month set aside for gratitude. You are high on that list. Thank you for all that you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment