Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful Tidbits 11-26

Black Friday is the day to grab up as many deals as I can and finish up as much Christmas shopping as possible. More importantly, it is a day that I get to spend with my cousin and friend, Kelly. Not many people would spend all day on Thanksgiving with me and then head out before the day is even over to go shopping until the middle of the afternoon the next day. Thanks, Kelly, for a day of conversation, love, laughter & memories!

I am also grateful for the magic of Christmas that appears when I get home. My husband and girls decorate the tree while I am out. This year, I was surprised by the magic of Christmas as I pulled onto my street and saw Christmas lights on the outside of the house. It is only one string of lights that used to belong to my husband's grandpa. This year, the adorned our front porch and brightened up our street. It reminds me of the many times my dad would load us into the van to drive around and admire the Christmas lights everyone had up outside. I am grateful for the way my husband and girls turned the house around in one day.

Now, I am thankful for my warm house and bed (I can never express enough gratitude for these) as I get to catch up on all the sleep I missed last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment