Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thankful Tidbits: 60 years - 11-27

Can you imagine yourself married for 60 years? Today, my family celebrated 60 years of marriage for my maternal grandparents. My grandparents love God and love each other. My grandpa told me as I was leaving tonight that the key to a long marriage is to pray for your marriage. I believe him.

We watched a video today of their 50th anniversary. My dad and niece did a skit back then dressed up as my Grandma & Grandpa (yes, my dad was my Grandma and my niece was my Grandpa). It was fun to watch but I have to admit it left me missing my dad again. He wasn't there to memorialize the moment with another skit. He wasn't there laughing in the background. I don't get to look forward to celebrating any kind of milestone like that for my parents and it's not because they didn't love each other. It's simply because he's gone. I am grateful for home videos and the memories that come flooding back because of them. I am grateful that my mom played the video despite the pain it must bring back to hear his voice.

I hope and pray I get to celebrate many milestones with my husband. I'm thankful for today and every day I get to spend with him. Life is better because he is mine.

I've got plenty to be thankful for...

No comments:

Post a Comment