Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankful Tidbits: family 11-18

The domino effect is a chain reaction that occurs when a small change causes a similar change nearby, which then will cause another similar change. It seems that when one bad thing happens it causes another bad thing to happen. Sometimes the only way to stop it is to go to sleep.

Nikelle had a rough night at AWANA last night. Her finger was run over by one of he scooters. Later in the night she was looking for me and when I called from behind her she twisted her ankle as she turned around. She attempted to be strong and prevent the tears from coming but it was the final straw for her. She looked exhausted.

My brother was there picking up his girls. He offered Nikelle a piggy back ride to the van. It was the perfect medicine! (That, and some sleep on the ride home.) I was very grateful to my brother for offering her that kind of V.I.P. treatment (which she was certain to inform her daddy of this morning).

Last night, I was reminded to be thankful for my siblings. My brothers and sister love my girls almost as much as I do. We celebrate birthdays and the bigger holidays together and still find time to get together for other reasons, too. My girls are always asking to play with their cousins and they know nothing but love for their aunts and uncles. Sometimes we need a little reminder to be grateful for family. Today, I am thankful for mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment