Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thankful Tidbits: God's Intimate Whispers 11-17

Days like today are a good reminder of the fact that I serve a God who wants an intimate relationship with me. My God cares about the details of my life. He cares when I hurt. He shares in my joy. He accepts me for me and still wants the best for my life.

As I read the Bible today (which I do literally take as God’s words to me), I read these verses in Ezekiel 36:26: “And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart.” These verses are a reminder to me of years past (early in my marriage) that my heart had grown cold. I often didn’t feel and when I did feel, I didn’t have hope. My husband’s cousin gave me a book with inspirational writings. In it was one on this verse. I took it as God’s whisper to me. I answered, “O.K., God. I’m tired of being cold. Take my heart and make it moldable again.” I am still amazed at how I began to feel again.

I starred James 1:5 in my Bible today which reads, “If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you.” I have been struggling with some upcoming responsibilities that I feel less than prepared for. I feel inadequate and nervous that I will screw something up. This was a reminder after I had asked Him for help that this is exactly what He desires.

I also starred James 1:12 as a reminder that when I am asking God to help me overcome situations, often I will be faced with those very situations. How else will I overcome? “God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him.” I love when it as though the Bible was written directly to me!

I think God often whispers to me and then it is up to me if I want to choose to take the time to listen. It is my choice if I embrace what He wants me to hear. He wants to be intimately involved in my life. I just need to take the time to talk and listen to Him.

Today, I am thankful for an intimate God as well as His whispers to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment