Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful Tidbits: Moms - November 4th

I often wonder if God did the right thing by blessing me with three little girls. Not that He should have given me something else; just that I may not be the best for them. I’m fairly critical of myself in my job of motherhood. Life easily overwhelms me and I am not great at being intentional with my children. Oh, sure, I have good moments. I am by no means disqualified to be a mom. I just get caught up in the comparison game too often.

That is why I am thankful for my mom and mother-in-law. My mom regularly comes out once a week to give me a day to spend time doing whatever it is I want to do. My mother-in-law is pretty good about taking the girls overnight or babysitting when we need her to. These breaks from the mundane allow me to be a better wife and mother. There are many reasons I am grateful for our moms. This week, I am thankful for how very much they help me.

So moms, as Ande would say, “Thank you much!”

No comments:

Post a Comment