Sunday, November 7, 2010

Thankful Tidbits - Stay-at-Home Mom - Nov. 7th

It seems that everyone is getting hit in some way by the bad economy these days. I realize that I created our own financial problems by backing into the garage door, but it seems we just continue to get hit. Our escrow for our taxes is too low so our mortgage payment is going up. My husband’s insurance is not only going to take a larger chunk out of his paycheck each month but we will no longer be so easily covered by the insurance either. Rod went to get the oil changed on his car yesterday. He was informed that his tires were bald. He was then informed of some work that needed to be done fairly soon on his vehicle that would cost an amount of money we simply do not have. He got the tires for reasons of safety but told them that the rest had to wait.

It is draining to deal with the finances. I enjoyed life so much more when Rod handled the finances early in our marriage (all in his head) and I just spent the money knowing nothing about what was happening with the checkbook. A few thousand in credit card debt later, we learned this system simply doesn’t work. These days, we attempt to be proactive with our finances. We have our budget (although rather loose) laid out for the entire year. I have been looking at the grocery ads to find deals and couponing with Jill Catlado’s help. It just seems we should be moving in the positive direction at the bank, not depleting the small amount we have built up.

I’m working on the attitude of gratitude when it comes to our finances. This morning I read this post at (In)courage. I am reminded that staying home is a choice. Being a stay-at-home mom is a privilege. . I am grateful to be a stay-at-home mom. I’m working on determining what we can cut so I can continue to do this and stay on top of the finances. And I’m trusting God with the rest. He’s never let us down before.

Thank you, Lord, that although we may need to cut back, you allow me to stay home with the kids.
Thank you, Rod, for working hard hours so I can do what we believe God wants me to do.


Philippians 4:19 - "And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus."

No comments:

Post a Comment