Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankful Tidbits - Thoughtfulness - 11-23

Sometimes you just wish for a little bit of thoughtfulness. So many people seem to be out for themselves without any consideration for anyone else. Thinking of others doesn't come naturally anymore.

It was nice to receive a card in the mail today from a friend inviting me out for coffee sometime. It's always nice to know someone is thinking of you. There are times we wonder if we are alone in this world. Thoughtfulness as small as a note can carry me through the day.

Yesterday, I watched my daughter get off the bus and walk down the street to our house. One of our neighbors was out mowing his lawn. I watched Nikelle pass the neighbor's house. He didn't stop to look at her so she continued to watch. When he gave her eye contact, she waved and he waved in return. It was nice to see my 8-year-old being thoughtful and taking time to smile and wave to a neighbor. I praised her for doing so.

My husband takes my birthday off every year when he can. He's thoughtful that way. Every now and then he'll come up with a really good gift. Unfortunately, when he does, something always ruins it. One year, he went to buy me a watch at Dick Pond's. Unfortunately, I was there looking at running shoes. He bought me a stocking hat and gloves as well for running and his sister gave me the same gift. Last year, he bought me Fireproof for Christmas and some friends of ours gave us the same gift before he had the opportunity to give it to me. This year, that same friend gave me a book by an author whose book I just enjoyed reading. My husband informed me that he was going to need some time to go shopping again because he had just bought me the exact same book. Although his gifts don't always get to me the way he pictures, I am grateful for his thoughtfulness.

It's just nice to experience thoughtfulness in today's day and age. There are many more examples. These are just highlights from the last couple of days. I am thankful for thoughtful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment