Monday, November 22, 2010

Thankful Tidbits - Virtual Perfection - 11-22

We will never have 100% of what we want. There is always something we will want to see changed. At church, over the past weeks, we have been reminded of "virtual perfection". When you have 85% of what you want; when you are happy with 85% of what is going on in your life, you have achieved virtual perfection. Too easily, we put all our energy and attention on the 15% that we would love to see changed. We need to focus on the 85%. You can catch the sermons here entitled 85% is virtual perfection from 1-6-2008 and the prison break series from the last few Sundays.

More often than not, I think of myself as someone who chooses to focus on the 85%. Reality is that I too often, my focus is on the negative 15%. Unfortunately, I do this most often in the relationships that should be at the top of my list of blessings. Today, I am going to work on focusing on the positive 85% or virtual perfection in my life. I Thank God for the abundance of blessings in my life.

"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength." - Philippians 4:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment