Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New endings

I'm always looking for a clean slate. A fresh start that allows me to begin without any mistakes. That's why I like Mondays. It always seems like a new week will help me achieve the goals and desires I have for myself. The problem is that I quickly muck it up.

The new year always gives us the opportunity to wipe the board clean. When my children came down with the stomach flu and all I could do was operate in survival mode as 2011 greeted us, my dreams for healthy eating and exercise suddenly slipped through my fingers. (I didn't even have the opportunity to shed a few pounds through hugging the toilet bowl myself.) So much for New Year's Resolutions -even though I didn't really make any.

I'm so good at excuses. I don't make any changes because I want perfection. That lasts for a minute (if I'm lucky) until I find myself wanting a new beginning again.

I liked this quote from my Weight Watchers meeting last night:

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” —Maria Robinson, health educator

I alone am responsible for my choices. I may not be able to undo yesterday or even the last hour but I can change tomorrow. I've been told monitoring my thoughts will help greatly with my endeavors. I'll start there.

I

No comments:

Post a Comment