Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Solitude

I've always considered myself an extrovert. I like being with people. Conversations that matter energize me. I like to talk with people about God, marriage, friendships, and life in general.

This year, more than ever, though, I find myself craving solitude. My husband said it's because right now it is such a lifeline for me. It is one of those commodities in life I am not afforded very often and therefore I am left craving more. I think he has a valid point there but I also think it is more than that. I think God is telling me that I need solitude in order to become more of the person He designed me to be. I think He is whispering to me the importance of quieting my mind and my life and taking the time to listen for His voice. I'm not the best listener in the world. I often find myself thinking about what I will say next rather than listening to words that are being spoken to me.

This year, I want to hear God more. I want to become a better listener and I believe an action toward that goal is to find solitude and quiet. That's my goal anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment