Friday, April 1, 2011

Ultimate Blog Party 2011

It is my practice to decline invitations to parties where I don't know many people. I feel awkward and don't like the person I become in those types of situations. More often than not, however, I realize that much of what I appreciate about my life arrived after a journey through uncomfortable. With that in mind, I'm joining the Ultimate Blog Party 2011!

It was almost 4 years ago that I started blogging as a way to cope with my dad's battle with cancer. I was able to express my thoughts in writing and have a central source for people to get updates on my dad. In all honesty, a blog seemed like the perfect, safe place for me to express myself in written word without the risk of rejection.

The central theme of my blog came from a conversation with some of my friends about our identity. Something didn't sit right with me as I listened to my friends expose themselves as "mom" or "wife". What would happen to my identity if God forbid, I ever lost those titles?

Thankfully, I came to the conclusion that my identity stood secure in God alone. On February 27, 2008, my dad met His Maker and I started on my ultimate journey through uncomfortable. My dad's death rocked my world and taught me lessons I never realized needed to be learned (and I'm still learning).

While I can seek my approval, security, love and acceptance in many people, there is only One will will never disappoint. That is the center of my writing for that is the center of my soul. I am continually seeking my identity as "A Child of God".

This blog is simply my honest compilation of struggles and joys from a girl seeking Her God. My heart's desire is that as God is teaching me, He can somehow teach others as well. I will gladly journey through the uncomfortable for on the other side God shows me He is the one who satisfies all my desires!

10 comments:

  1. Hi there! I am here from the UBP and am excited to meet you!

    joy & blessings,
    Alida

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stoppin from the UBP'11! What a wonder blog theme you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from the UBP '11. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stopping by from the party. It's nice to meet you! I am quickly approaching the anniversary of my dad's death. It will mark 5 years since I last got to talk with him. It has been a difficult process, and I miss him SO much. I say all that to let you know I understand what it is like to lose a parent, and I am so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came to your blog from ubp also. My dad was just diagnosed with lung cancer and now I'm traveling down am unfamiliar road. I'm looking forward to getting to know you and maybe you can inspire me don't on my journey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to meet you through ubp. You are so young to have already lost your dad. I am sorry. You have a lovely family.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    Gg - Notes on the Journey #269

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Nice to meet you. stopped by from the UBP. Glad you decided to "come" to this party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tristi,

    My husband went home 2/27/06, my son's seventh birthday. I also need to remember that my identity and approval are secure in Christ.

    I've been through hell and back and need His help to heal. I hope you'll drop by and learn a little more about me. I look forward to reading and learning more about you.

    God bless,
    e

    ReplyDelete
  9. Howdy!

    I am so happy to have found your blog. I am stopping in from the Ultimate Blog Party and this is my very first year participating and this is SO VERY exciting!! LOL

    Anyhow...please stop by my blogs and follow whenever you get the opportunity:

    So Stylilized is where I am currently offering FREE Custom Blog Designs at http://sostylilized.blogspot.com/2011/04/ultimate-blog-party.html

    And...Jessica Lil Corner is where I am blogging about family and life at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com/2011/04/ultimate-blog-party.html

    I welcome your visit at either or both of my blogs and hope to have you stop by and follow really soon!!

    Have a very blessed day!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I'm visiting from the UBP - I'm #73 (Being Made New - http://tinahollenbeck.blogspot.com) on the Christian list. Very nice to get to know a little about you - and I hope you might have time to visit my place. :^)

    ReplyDelete