Thursday, December 15, 2011

When did you realize that you weren't alone on this journey called motherhood?



It's the Hearts at Home Blog Hop today! For December: When did you realize that you weren't alone on this journey called Motherhood?

Because I know God is always with me

Because I have a husband like no other

Because my sister will drop whatever she is doing if I call for help

Because my mom is the very definition of the word “servant”

Because my brother and sister-in-law have a little girl exactly 4-months older than my oldest

Because I have a community of believers

Because I joined a MOPS group when my firstborn came along

Because I can tell my girlfriend that I feel like throwing my child out the window and she knows I don’t ever really intend to do that

Because my girlfriend knows just the right words to say to point me to truth when my mind is filled with negativity

Because my life is filled with older, wiser advice givers

Because being a mother gives me a greater understanding of God’s love for me

Because giving birth to three little girls swells my heart for my Creator

Because I have friends who are with me through the thick-of-it

Because my girlfriends are all up for a weekend away

Because my husband is a trooper and knows how often I need to be refreshed

Because God sent His one and only Son into this world for me

Because Jesus took my sin upon Himself on that cross

Because the stone was rolled away

Because He lives

Because of all this and more, I have never had to feel alone on this journey called Motherhood. And when the moments of self-pity hit, all I have to do is be pointed in the right direction to fill up on truth to shine light in the darkness. Motherhood was never a journey meant to be done alone. I’m grateful for the blessings in my life and the grace God has given me just when I need it. If you feel alone in mothering, find a MOPS group, comes to Hearts at Home, join a church community or most importantly, pull out your Bible and empty your heart to He who has always been.

This journey of Motherhood was never meant to be done alone.

Jill Savage is starting a book study on Facebook in January on Real Moms, Real Jesus… check it out!

MOPS has groups all over. Moms looking for others in their same life stage find this group invaluable.

Hearts at Home is March 16-17 at Illinois State University. Don’t miss it!

(in)courage is hosting a conference where you don’t need a lot of money, time, or even friends to attend on April 27-28. Check out (in)RL.


4 comments:

  1. Following the blog hop....I am envious of all the built in support you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, I know it is something I need to be thankful for. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome that you have so much community and support!! Thanks for hopping with us today~ I look forward to getting to know you through Hearts!~ Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. These have all been GREAT reminders for me today. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete