Friday, December 7, 2012

Letting go of Advent cookies

This is really the year for learning to let go. Today I let go of the Advent cookies. It's been an extremely busy week and my body turned off this afternoon. I took a nap and it was impossible to have another cookie made before I took the girls to their Grandma's house for a sleepover. It just wasn't going to happen.

We did our Advent reading before shipping them off for the evening. Thankfully, I had a few white chocolate covered pretzels left that I had made the other night. It's an easy way to spice up a cookie tray. When a recipe I have leaves me with an overabundance of melted chocolate, pretzels are an easy treat. Tonight they appeased my girls to keep up with our new tradition.

Letting go isn't easy but it's for the best.

Day 7: White Chocolate covered pretzels with sprinkles

No comments:

Post a Comment