Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Letting go of the Cookie Exchange


One of the traditions I had established over the past few years was the cookie exchange. I'd open my home for friends to gather together and swap recipes. The bonus was that each of us walked away with a variety of treats for the season. I enjoy finding a reason to host a party... especially when there is an opportunity to use the platform for God.

With the exchange of cookies and quality time together, we focused in on the real meaning for the season. It is always fun to send the women off with a thought to take with them throughout the holiday as well as an ornament. My hope is that when my friends decorate their home for Christmas each year, they are reminded of Jesus, their importance to Him, and His purpose for coming to earth.

While I LOVE hosting this event, it's NOT happening this year. Something has to give so Christmas doesn't feel quite as hectic. This was what I intentionally let go of this year. I miss it but know it was the right decision.

What can you let go of to reduce the crazy busy of the season?

Advent Cookie, Day 4 - Check out the recipe for Nutter Butter Santa Cookies at Taste of Home.

3 comments:

  1. I decided not to put an activity behind every door of the advent calendar. We are focusing on moving the baby Jesus figurine to the next door in the calendar every morning, marking the days of waiting. And then at night we read the Jesus Storybook Bible under the light of the Christmas tree and sing a carol before bed. Anything else we do is a bonus. :) And no hostessing on the calendar for me this Christmas either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, sister! I hear ya on the reducing of stuff!!
    (Darcy linked me over.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerry, thanks for stopping by and commenting. I'll be checking out your blog as well. (Thanks, Darcy!)

    ReplyDelete