Thursday, May 16, 2013

Good and Perfect Gift (No More Perfect Days)

(Today is the Third Thursday of the month. Time for the Hearts at Home Home Blog Hop! This month's topic: No More Perfect Days. Head over to Jill's blog to see what other women have to say.)

In my mind, the perfect day would be one in which I could focus on my agenda without any interruptions. Waking up before the sunrise, spending time with my Bible and journal meeting God, all while the rest of the house sleeps would be an ideal start to my day. I would be able to follow that up with some exercise and a healthy breakfast that would leave me feeling strong and confident in what lies before me. My house would be clean and I would be able to write and enjoy time with friends. Opportunities with my children would be embraced for the memory-making, faith-inspiring moments that they are and I would love my husband perfectly.

My day NEVER goes like that. However, if I would change my perspective, I could find perfect moments in every day. The opportunity to sit and hold my preschooler as I mourn over how quickly my soon to be junior higher has grown is a gift. While I don't want my 7-year-old to nap after school, I cherish the moment that will soon be gone in the revealing hindsight. I give thanks for friends coming to the rescue due to my lack of focus... again and again. A husband who takes care of our family, house and yard is a treasure even if that means I have a little more responsibility on my shoulders today than I would like. And while God's plans are very different than my own, He is faithful through it all and works everything for good.

I would see those I love less as interruptions to my agenda, if I would change my perspective to see everything as gift. Looking through different glasses allows me to count my blessings when stress wants to consume me. Every good and perfect gift is from above and each day is one of those.

(Read here about how God is helping me to see my days as a ministry of availability rather than interruptions.)

What can you embrace as gift today?

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the phrase "life a a ministry of availability rather than interuptions." YES. That is the key. The longer I mother the more I learn about the literal meaning of losing myself to gain Christ. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete